Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Weather and other stuff

The weather is crazy out here. We get mid-50s in the afternoon and mid 30s at night. Houses do not have central heating systems so we have to bundle ourselves at night. Our apartment is provided with a portable electric heater, so we are fine. It is hard to get up in the morning, though. I'll show you pictures of our flat next time.

I walk a few hundred feet to my office at U of Malta every Tuesdays and Thursdays; sort of a walk from Ayers to Martin Hall. On Wednesdays and Fridays, I ride with the associate director at Malta College; roughly about 3.5 miles (20 minute drive). You won't believe it, but Malta also suffers from the pains of rush-hour traffic!

I will start delivering my faculty development workshop lecture series next week at U of Malta and Malta College. Meantime, I continue to work on preparing more presentation slides.

On a very bright side, we get to enjoy the finest wine of Malta and Italy at some unbelievable costs. Malta wine cost between $1.50 to $3.00 (0.50 to 0.99 Maltese Lira) a bottle. Excellent Italian wine cost between $3.00 to $4.50 a bottle. Everywhere we go, rabbit is served; we are not that brave yet to try one. However, last week we enjoyed a fine garlic octopus and fish dinner with wine for just $21.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home