Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Applied Practical Training lectures

I conducted my first lectures today. I have two APT classes: Automated System Intrusion Discovery and Visualization of Log Files. The first class has 5 students (2 French and 3 Maltese students). The second has 3 students (all Malteses). Seems like all of them are very serious students. This is their 3rd year (2nd semester) and all of them have to take 2 individual APTS + 1 group APT this semester. They do not have any regular classroom work the entire semester! I seriously think that this is a very good setup for our students, i.e. exposing them to real and applied training. At the end of the semester, each one have to present his/her two APTs before a committee and the group APT as well. I have seen the previous reports that they have submitted for an APT and those reports look very impressive.

I have compiled my lecture notes/projects and made them available through this website : http://mcis.jsu.edu/faculty/gfrancia/MaltaLectureAPT/.

I purposely posted these so our students at JSU may have a notion of what students here in Malta do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home