Friday, February 09, 2007

Getting more work done...

I have been here for almost 3 weeks and have not lectured yet. My first lecture will be on Tuesday, Feb 13! Seems like my materials are getting longer everyday. I think if I stop reviewing them , I'll stop adding stuff to them. Can't wait until I get to deliver my first.

It is Friday afternoon at 3:30 pm here at the College and guess? It seems like nobody is quite ready to declare that the weekend has started. Looks like they are going to work until 5pm just like any normal weekday. At 1pm on a Friday, Ayers Hall is like a deserted house--could barely find someone moving!

I finally realized how fortunate we are at the MCIS department. Instructors here at the College have to sign in and out. They have to work 40 hours a week and their actual weekly classroom teaching hours can be as high as 24! Their graded materials have to be cross-checked by other instructors and a QA representative from UK. Everything is documented on paper and signed. The University instructor's condition is much better but not even close to what we enjoy at JSU. Bottom line--let's count our blessings!

The Holy Week (first week of April--Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday) is an important week for Malta. The schools are closed for that week including the week after. Am I glad about that two week off in April? Here is what I did. As soon as I learned about the break, Nimfa and I made our travel plans to visit Athens, Greece. We made sure that we'll be back in time to observe their Good Friday, Black Saturday, and Easter Sunday celebrations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home